google translate

해외 프로젝트

혜화JHP는 각 사업부문의 최고 전문가들과 제휴 네트워크의 외부 자문을 통해 회사의 전략과 비전을 공유하고, 최고 수준의 아티스트를 우선 확보하여 다양한 공연 기회를 확보하고 최상의 만족도와 서비스를 제공하는 공연과 음반 제작으로 장기적이고 안정적인 수익 구조를 확립하고자 합니다.

review of the concert in Texas- 텍사스공연 리뷰

2,804 2014.03.25 08:52

첨부파일

짧은주소

본문

http://thegestures.com/blog/2014/3/23/unexpected-kind-gesture 출처

UNEXPECTED KIND GESTURE

March 23, 2014
by Sung Kim

Mom asked me to take my grandma to a small concert sponsored by her church. I almost said "no" because I'm currently buried 6 feet under piles of work, but my grandma never really gets to go out, so I reluctantly agreed to go.

...and boy am I glad I went.

It turns out the performer is a world renown violinist name Ji-Hae Park. She's traveled around the world performing at places like Carnegie Hall and Washington Kennedy Center with all the top level symphony orchestras in front of thousands of people. She also recently won a Golden Disk for an album she published with Universal Music and spoke at TED as the keynote speaker.

But somehow she decided to drop by a small church in Dallas and perform in front of less than 50 people, all to raise money for local special needs children (David Christian School).

The concert was very intimate and conversational. She even came down from the stage and walked up to the audience while playing with a big smile on her face.

Her performance was full of passion and excitement. At some point, she even took her shoes off and played barefoot as if to say she wasn't going to let some high heels get in her way.

And most importantly – it was personal.

Between songs, she shared her life stories and her battles with depression. All the pressure from success that she accomplished at an early age drove her into extreme depression where she came very close to death due to starvation and exhaustion.

One night while at her lowest point, a song came to her mind. She didn't know what song it was. She never learned it. She never played it. All she knew was that it overtook her and brought peace to her mind. Then she realized it was a hymn song her mom used to sing in desperation after hours of praying for her health. And that was her turning point.

Thankfully, she's all better now (Just watch her play for 10 seconds, then you will be convinced). Actually, the world is better now with her and her kind gestures in it. I'm just glad to be a part of this amazing experience and to have been able to make a small contribution for a good cause.

I wish her the best on her journey around the world as well as good health to continue doing all the great work she's doing.

Sung

P.S. - Don't forget to like her Facebook page and check out her latest albums (May I recommend track 14?).  ;D

Comment 0 Likes

COMMENTS (0)

Newest First  Oldest First  Newest First    Most Liked  Least Liked  Subscribe via e-mail

Preview Post Comment…

Newer

Older

Gestures, Inc. apps coming to Apple App Store in March 2014

Copyright © 2014 Gestures, Inc. All rights reserved.

Terms & Conditions  |  Support
댓글목록

등록된 댓글이 없습니다.

Total 28건 5 페이지
박지혜 콘서트를 본 아들의 일기속엔... (4학년^^)

출처: http://www.jihaepark.com/shop/item.phpit_id=1359616054   박지혜 콘서트를 본 아들의 일기속엔... | 자유게시판:::::::::::: 2012.11.01 19:37    &nb…

열람중  review of the concert in Texas- 텍사스공연 리뷰

http://thegestures.com/blog/2014/3/23/unexpected-kind-gesture 출처UNEXPECTED KIND GESTUREMarch 23, 2014 by Sung KimMom asked me to take my grandma to a …

[Bloud-Burst.Tv] Ji-Jae Park is a talented and widely-respected violin virtuoso

Ji-Jae Park is a talented and widely-respected violin virtuoso."Watching the radiant violin prodigy, one would never guess that at one time she had ba…

[LG하우징님의 블로그] 스타킹, 바이올리니스트 박지혜, 목포 사랑의 교회 연주회

안녕하세요 스타킹 주인공 바이올리니스트 박지혜양이 목포 사랑의 교회에서 오늘연주회가 있었습니다.  목포시민으로서 언제 이런기회를 가져보겠어요 저는 여기 목포 사랑의 교회에 다녀서 그나마 다행입니다.    …

[topaz님의 블로그] 바이올리니스트 박지혜씨 연주

*  전주 안디옥 교회 청년부 헌신예배(2013.9.8) 때     바이올리니스트 박지혜씨 연주 장면입니다.       바로크 인 락 만 음반으로 발매가 된 줄 알고 있었는데,  …

News